Million Dollar Conspiracy: When a mysterious stranger shows up needing protection, City Hunter’s partner leaps at the million-dollar offer. The price seems a little high, but a beautiful woman with an equally attractive purse is pretty hard to resist. And it appears the tall, blonde and beautiful client isn’t above throwing in a little something extra to sweeten the deal. But before City Hunter can collect on his bonus of lacey lingerie and nights of passion, he’s got to endure some rather dangerous foreplay: like a barrage of bullets and deadly, explosives-rigged toys.
– CITY HUNTER ベイシティウォーズ
– Nicky Larson – Bay City Wars
– City Hunter Special 2 – Guerra al Bay City Hotel
– O Caçador de Cidade – A Cidade Portuária em Guerra
– Guerra al Bay City Hotel
– Городской охотник: Войны Бэй-Сити
– シティーハンター ベイシティウォーズ
– City Hunter: Hyakuman Dollar no Inbou
– CITY HUNTER 百万ドルの陰謀
– City Hunter: Million Dollar Conspiracy
– City Hunter Special 3 – Un Complotto da un Milione di Dollari
– Nicky Larson – Complot pour un million de dollars
– City Hunter – The $1.000.000 Conspiracy
– City Hunter – Complot pour 1 000 000 $
– City Hunter – Complot pour un million de dollars
– City Hunter: $1,000,000 Conspiracy
– City Hunter: Plot of $1,000,000
– Nicky Larson – Complot pour 1 000 000 $
– シティーハンター 百万ドルの陰謀
City Hunter (Japanese: シティーハンター Hepburn: Shitī Hantā) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tsukasa Hojo.
Both Bay City Wars and Million Dollar Conspiracy feel more like OVAs than theatrical movies, as they are only 45 and 50 minutes long, respectively.
This is an old series and does not age well particularly in today politically correctness mentality. Ryo repeated skirt-chasing and sexual harassment back in the ’90s may be played off as comedy skit, but it is not adequate in today standard.
The movies are very goofy, about the level of Lupin the 3rd. Still, the serious art style contrasts greatly with the theme so it may be off-putting for the viewer that isn’t accustomed to City Hunter. Due to how goofy the films are, there is never a sense of danger. Our hero dodges bullets as if they are nothing.
These are not stand-alone movies and you need to be already intimate with the series. Even if you are familiar with the show, it is just too silly to take seriously. Bay City Wars plot is rather senseless and formulaic while Million Dollar Conspiracy was a little better in its narrative. There was a little sense of mystery and I was a little more invested into it.
I adore City Hunter, but even I struggle to accept some of these antiquated character designs and gags. Though we know Ryo used these antics as a defense mechanism, but the repetition of it may be too much for some.
I will only recommend these movies if you are a City Hunter fan and need to watch all the movies and OVAs. Others can skip these movies as they bring nothing new to the series. City Hunter: Bay City Wars and Million Dollar Conspiracy contains graphic violence, partial nudity, and suggestive themes/dialogs. Intended for young adult.
Similar Title Recommendations
Take a peek at these related reviews.
– “More More Shiawase” by Oginome Youko (Million Dollar Conspiracy)
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Photo by Nicolas LB, Jon Flobrant, and Yvette de Wit on Unsplash.