– Gekijōban Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime
– マクロスF 虚空歌姫～イツワリノウタヒメ～
– Gekijōban Makurosu Furontia Itsuwari no Utahime
– 劇場版 マクロスF 虚空歌姫 〜イツワリノウタヒメ〜
– Macross Frontier the MOVIE ~The False Diva~
– Macross Frontier: The Songstress of Lies
Macross Frontier the Movie: The False Songstress is essentially a retelling of the first half of the Macross Frontier TV show, with some edits to remove entire arc altogether.
The animation is great and fluid, with the help of 3D CGI for the complex aerial combat.
The music is also superb as it is a Macross movie after all. It reused the music from the TV show.
The first half of the movie focuses so much on the love triangle, you think you are watching a romance drama. I guess they remembered this was a Macross movie, so they threw all the combat scenes near the end.
If you haven’t seen the TV show first, the movie introduction to these characters will feel a bit disjointed, while other characters are completely brushed over as nothing more than some NPC.
I would suggest skipping this movie altogether and watch the TV show instead. The movie is rather boring, being so heavily focused on the love story. I guess it was trying to recapture the “Do You Remember Love?” original Macross movie maybe?
If you need a movie to introduce your friend to Macross, show them the Macross Plus movie instead.
This anime contains graphic violence, some sexual suggestive themes/dialogs, and nudity. Intended for young adults.
Similar Title Recommendations
Macross Frontier Movie (2009): The False Songstress
A collection of notable music and song from this series.
– “Yōsei” (妖精) by May’n
– “What ’bout my [email protected]” (What ’bout my [email protected]フォルモ) by Megumi Nakajima
– “What ’bout my star?” by May’n
– “Welcome To My Fan Club’s Night!” by May’n
– “Watashi no Kare wa Pilot” (私の彼はパイロット) by Megumi Nakajima
– “Universal Bunny” (ユニバーサル・バニー) by May’n
– “Starlight Nattō” (スターライト納豆) by Megumi Nakajima
– “pink monsoon” by May’n
– “Obelisk” (オベリスク) by May’n
– “Lion” (ライオン) by May’n & Megumi Nakajima
– “Kaitaku Jūki” (開拓重機) by Megumi Nakajima
– “Iteza Gogo Ku-ji Don’t be late” (射手座☆午後九時 Don’t be late) by May’n
– “Family Mart Cosmos” (ファミリーマート・コスモス) by Megumi Nakajima
– “Dynam Chōgōkin” (ダイナム超合金) by Megumi Nakajima
– “Diamond Crevase” (ダイアモンド クレバス) by May’n & Megumi Nakajima
– “Daruma Seminar” (だるまゼミナール) by Megumi Nakajima
– “Chō Jikū Hanten Nyan Nyan” (超時空飯店 娘々) by Megumi Nakajima
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Photo by Nicolas LB, Jon Flobrant, and Yvette de Wit on Unsplash.