– One Piece – Film 8 : Épisode d’Alabasta – Les Pirates et la princesse du désert (French)
– One Piece – Abenteuer in Alabasta (German)
– One Piece: Episode of Alabaster – Sabaku no Ojō to Kaizoku Tachi (Japanese)
– One Piece: La saga de Arabasta – Los piratas y la princesa del desierto (Spanish)
– One Piece: Un’amicizia oltre i confini del mare (Italian)
– 劇場版ワンピース エピソードオブアラバスタ 砂漠の王女と海賊たち (Japanese)
– 航海王 阿拉巴斯坦戰記 沙漠王女與海賊們 (Chinese (Taiwan))
The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta movie is a heavily edited retelling of the Alabasta arc from the One Piece TV show, specifically, season four. This movie took place prior to the previous movie, Movie 7, as Nico Robin was already part of the crew in that film.
Honestly, I don’t know why this film exists. It tries to retell a whole season into a 90 minutes movie. With such sloppy edit, even I was confused and I’ve already seen that TV arc. Some characters from the arc were introduced and were given a few scenes with no explanation of their story or power, and were dispatched off within the next few scenes. The film did not explain why Vivi was with the Straw Hats, she just appears on their ship at the start. This was consistent across the entire movies with so many characters introduced, so when they were sacrificed, we lack the emotional attachment to really care.
The animation is on par with the TV show, and there were some new 3D CGI scenes added. The CGI may feel impressive back in 2007, but it is pretty dated now.
I say skip this movie and just watch One Piece season four instead. One Piece contains strong graphic violence and moderate suggestive themes/dialogs.
Similar Title Recommendations
Take a peek at these related reviews.
One Piece (2007): The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta
A collection of notable music and song from this series.
– “Compass(English Version)” by Catlin Glass
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Photo by Nicolas LB, Jon Flobrant, and Yvette de Wit on Unsplash.