The story revolves around 27-year-old Arata Kaizaki who has been unemployed for several years after quitting his job of 3-months, claiming that it is because it "does not fit his highest potential". As a result of this action, he finds it difficult to gain a full-time job at another company and instead he works as a part-timer at a mini market. One day, a mysterious man named Ryō Yoake offers him a job opportunity, but first, he needs to become a tester for ReLife: a scientific experiment to make him appear 10 years younger and send him back to high school as a student. The experiment is supposed to provide a chance to experience youth once again and, in the process, fix whatever is wrong with the subject's life.
– Riraifu (2018)
– ReLIFE (2018)
– ReLIFE OVA
– ReLIFE Kanketsu-hen
ReLIFE (リライフ Riraifu) is a Japanese webtoon series written and illustrated by So Yayoi.
The animation is on par, if not slightly worse than when the first season started. It is still gorgeous, mind you, but seems like some shortcuts were taken to reduce the cost.
This is not a stand-alone OVA and is rather a conclusion to the first season. This OVA will make very little sense if you start here.
The first season left many fan wanting answers, as it was left rather open-ended. The OVA wrapped up the series in a gratifying way.
I highly recommend this series to the fan of romance genre that want their anime a bit more profound. ReLIFE contains mature themes and dialogs and is intended for young adults.
Similar Title Recommendations
A collection of notable music and song from this series.
- “Button” by Penguin Research (eps 1-12)
- “Button” by Penguin Research (eps 1-3)
- “Easy Rider” by Okuda Tamio (ep 1)
- “Hot Limit” by T.M.Revolution (ep 2)
- “Timing” by Black Biscuits (ep 3)
- “Honey” by L`Arc-en-Ciel (ep 4)
- “Kore ga Watashi no Ikiru Michi” by Puffy (ep 5)
- “Sunny Day Sunday” by Sentimental Bus (ep 6)
- “Saudade” by Porno Graffitti (ep 7)
- “Yuki no Hana” by Nakashima Mika (ep 8)
- “There Will Be Love There” by The Brilliant Green (ep 9)
- “Asu e no Tobira” by I Wish (ep 10)
- “Pieces of a Dream” by Chemistry (ep 11)
- “Natsumatsuri” by Whiteberry (ep 12)
- “Button” by Penguin Research (ep 13)
- “Hana” by Orange Range (ep 1)
- “Che.r.ry” by Yui (ep 2)
- “La La La Love Song” by Kubota Toshinobu feat. Naomi Campbell (ep 3)
- “Button” by Penguin Research (ep 4)
- “Momoiro” by Kayano Ai
- “Regret” by Ono Kenshou
- “Rejoin” by Ueda Reina
- “Relife” by Ono Kenshou
A collection of notable videos, ranging from a fan-created trailer, music video, opening, and ending clip.
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Photo by Nicolas LB, Jon Flobrant, and Yvette de Wit on Unsplash.